Learn More or Buy
Jose Mendoza - Vineyard Foreman
Jose Mendoza has been working in Sonoma Valley vineyards for almost forty years, having learned his craft from the legendary Joe Miami. Jose was living in a trailer when we first met, but through hard work and saving he and his wife bought a house in the early '90s and have traded up twice since then. They now live in a prestigious neighborhood as empty-nesters, their youngest son grown and starting a family of his own.
Sam Garske - Cellar Master
A born and raised Minnesotan, Sam first discovered his love of wine while spending a year in Mallorca, Spain. Upon finishing his studies in Wisconsin, Sam decided to make the move to Sonoma County. After an internship at Korbel Champagne Cellars and a year with Kenwood Vineyards, he finally found his place working in the cellar here at Wellington. Sam is now basking in the extensive experience our winery has to offer.
Sam had been with us just over a year, but he already fits in perfectly with the Wellington crew. We all love his Midwest humor, and his take on us crazy Californians!
News and Events
- Welcome to the Newly Revamped Website! We just got an overhaul this July
- Read Peter Wellington’s (owner & winemaker) Blog Updates
- Enjoy beautiful seasonal vineyard photographs by Toby Germano
- Tickets for SAVOR SONOMA are on sale!
- WELLINGTON VINEYARDS IS 100% SOLAR POWERED & GREEN CERTIFIED!
See our case study.